First Perooft,-41raft declined :—
Norn. f»««, »«<w, «z5, Mw«, or hamrd. hama, hdmra, or
Aoo.-Dat.w5A, toafc. hdm&k, hamd-gula,
/v *7 ?
Instr. m5r*hdtdy. and so on.
AbL m5r-thane or £A$».
Gen. 0&5?1, Mmdr.
Loo. w5/, te^J.
Stomrf Person,— tut, tai, t§, thou. Plur., <5w#, Jdmra, tomd-guld, and so on. Ace.
Sing,, £5.%, tomdk. Gen,, tfsir, £6t»5r ; and so on.
Third Person,— 5, dy$, uydy> dydy, ay, 3ft, or okenci, he, that; Ace. Sing,, nydk,
pronounced udk, at) Gen,, ar, <rfA<?t Plur., umar-ghar, omra> umhra ; Gen,3 amhar,
nmhdr, umdr. Ta, tay, tani, he, that ; Ace. Sing., tak, tdmdk; Gen., tdmdr, tdr, tdrhe.
Plur,, tdmrd; Gen., tdm&r. 13, this; Ace. Sing., ek, dk; Gen. Sing., er, dr.
Relative Pronom,--jd, 3&y, ot'jmi, ory%. Ace. Sing,, jfaJfc, and so on.
Interrogative Pronoun, — ka, kay, or kSni, who ? Ace. Sing., A5&, and so on.
Indefinite Pronoun,— kay, kay.o, ka-o, Jcahay, kdha*i9 any one.
As in the case of nouns, gild may be substituted for guld throughout the PluraL
The forms of Standard Bengali are also used.
A.—AUXILIARY VERBS, and VERBS SUBSTAETIVE—
(1) Present,—dchd, I am; (2) dchfa; (3) dohe.
(2) Past,—achinu, I was; (2) dchili; (3) dchilo.
This verb is, however, often spelled dcJihd, etc*, as in Standard Bengali,
The verb ha$te9 to become, has its past, hail (not haU), he became. Note the forms,
hayd, having become; na-haa (Jalpaiguri), I am not; ndi~kd9 there is not (Jalpaiguri).
B,~FINITE VEBB,—Tcarite, to do.
(1) Present,—kard, I do; (2) leans; (3) kare.
(2) Present Definite,—karitechcl, I am doing; (2) -cA&; (3) -chS.
(3) Imperfect,—UarUeoUm, I was doing; (2) *cUU; (3) *chil.
(4) Pastt—karinu or karnu, I did; (2) karile or -to; (3) karil*
(6) Perfect,—karichs, I have done; (2) karichis; (3) kariche*
(6) Pluperfect,—karichinu, I had done; (2) -cUli; (3) -<?fe7.
(7) future,—karim, or Aarewti, or fcarim^ I shall do; (2) ftaritu; (3)
Past Conditional and Habitnal,-~karitdm91 used to do; (2) fortf?; (S)
Imperative,—(2) kar> karo9 do; (3) *^wft, let him do.
Infinitive and Present Part.,—karite, to do.
Conjunctive Part.,~~ karyd, kare9 kari, kairS, having done.
Conditional Part.,—karine, (if he) had done.
Gerwdr-karibdy Ace., karibdk, and so on, doing.
Inceptive Compound,—karibdr ndgd, I begin to do.
Potential Compomd,—karib&rfdrdt I am able to do.